Friday, February 27, 2009

Walk Two Moons...

So, this was Cole's pick and I finished it last weekend. I really liked this one. I loved the Grandma and Grandpa...again, I know I said with the last book that I need to write down the funny stuff because I crack up out loud and then i can't remember exactly what was funny...just that it was funny. The one part that stuck out in my mind was something the Grandma said about her granddaughter's friend's mother. The friend's Mom had two daughters (17 and 13) and she stayed home. She was doing some wacky stuff according to the daughter and seemed to be trying to "take care" of her family still but they were acting like they didn't need her and it was messing wtih her. So the Grandma said that when someone only has two kids it doesn't take up all your time and love so it leaves empty parts of you. I can't remember exactly how she said it but I thought it was something good to think about. We are made to have families...women are made to take care of them and when you don't have someone to take care of it can leave you empty...So wether your kids are grown and gone or you don't have kids or they grow up (like mine) and don't require as much attention (especially during the day when they are at school) it's probably a good idea to occupy your time "taking care" of someone! Yourself, friends, neighbors, students (a shout out for you teachers:) I guess that's a good reason to become really involved in the church, it allows you to serve and fill up any empty spots so we don't get wacky! Anyway, I really loved this book and am curious to see what the rest of you think about it.


I think Alli has the next pick. Cole's b-day is in May and he picked Walk Two Moons, so with a June b-day she will be next!

Happy Reading!

I also found a winner at the DI the other day...I usually am browsing for kids books but Michael Crichton book jumped out at me...it was called A Case of Need. I really liked it too.

No comments: