a place to write our thoughts as we read our way through the entire Newbery Award Winner's list and other random books we encounter along the way
Sunday, April 11, 2010
"The Hunger Games"
The books in this series are not Newberry winners, but I LOVED them. I read the first two books in less than a week and now have to wait until August for the third and final book to come out. Cole read them before I did and thoroughly enjoyed them. When I started the first book, I had this eerie feeling that our America could end up like this... Panem. Not the Hunger Game part, but just the fact that society and commerce have failed and even though there is technology people are living back in pioneer-like circumstances. They have to grow their own food, hunt in secrecy, and obey all the crazy government rules. I loved that the book was something totally different. I loved the imagery of the clothing, and obsession oo physical appearance that the residents of the Capital had. There was so much suffering and poverty in all the districts yet the people living in the Capital had all the luxuries they could ever ask for. I loved the suspense of the games and the mystery of the love triangle. I recommend this series for all who love a good suspense. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the third book in August.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment