I don't know if I outwitted, outlasted or outplayed anyone but maybe outread newberry books. Too bad that doesn't qualify you for anything.
I just read "The Whipping Boy"... very short but a good one. The premise of the story is quite a barbaric one. It is illegal to lay a hand on the prince so they have a whipping boy to take his lashings if the prince misbehaves. The two run off together and have all sorts of problems and realizations. It wasn't funny like some of the others but I still liked it.
I reread "A Wrinkle in Time"... even though all my sisters said YUCK...once was enough for me on that book. I remember having my 4th grade teacher read it outloud to us but I didn't remember the book. I thought it was okay actually but I don't have a desire to read it again.
I listened to "21 balloons" with the kids while we were driving to the cabin. Loved, this one,and I probalby will get the book and actually read it. There is something to reading the words and visualizing the things in your head. Listening to it is fun too but I prefer to read. I loved the clever descriptions and settings the author uses.
2 comments:
Good for you!!! We just read "The Whipping Boy" in class. It is pretty good, I did have a few parents concerned about the title!!
Oh, brother... are they parents that should consider doing some whipping themselves :) Wow, their lives must be smooth sailing if all they have to worry about is their kid reading a book called "The Whipping Boy"
Post a Comment