a place to write our thoughts as we read our way through the entire Newbery Award Winner's list and other random books we encounter along the way
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Mocking Jay... it may get mocked
This was not my favorite book, not just of the Hunger Games series but ever really. It's not in a top list anywhere. I obviously finished it so I didn't hate it but I just really struggled with it. I will admit that I should have read the other two again right before reading because I had a really hard time getting into it. I could not remember who was who, what was what and I just felt like I was reading a bunch of jibberish. I have heard myself complain at JK Rowling's recap at the beginning of all the Harry Potter books... "We know, we've read these before, come on, get to the new stuff" I now have a new appreciation for that, thank you JK. My other complaint is that it just kind of ended so suddenly, people started dying and then it was over. I may, down the road a while, read the whole series again all in a row to give it a fair chance. I will see if I change my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment