Friday, June 29, 2012

Lists

So, I am just a little bit obsessed with lists, it probably could border on neuroses. When I asked our school librarian if I could have one of the old Newbery Winner posters she gave me one.  On the back of the poster is a list of all the winners.  I took the pleasure today of checking off which books I have read.  It was very satisfying.  I released some major endorphins checking them off.  I also realized there were a few books that I never blogged about.  The Newbery Award started in 1922 and the 2012 award has been decided.  That means there have been 90 books to have received this award.  I have now officially read.... drum roll please...  40 books.  Not quite half, ok, that doesn't really deserve a drum roll, but I really just wanted to know where I was on my journey.  So, back to the books I didn't blog about, there are quite a few, so I will be catching those up over the summer.

No comments: