Friday, December 19, 2008

Finished...

Well, the girls and I finished Despereaux last night. We should have finished it weeks ago but nothing like a time committment to get you to kick it in gear. Since today is the last day of school before Christmas Break the girls wanted to take their AR test at school and if we waited they'd forget everything. So we buckled down and read for a whole 20 minutes and finished it.

We really liked it. I loved all the references of dark and light. How once people, or I should say, mice and rats, found light they wanted it again. And how once they had tasted delicious soup they hungered for it, especially when they smelled it. I like it when you can relate a book to gospel principles. We always have to seek for the light, and once we have felt it we really always want it with us... As for the soup, it was something delicious and wonderful to them. So, to even smell it brought them joy. Having it outlawed brought made many of them sad, as we would be if our religion was outlawed. I know I'd be like Cook, making it at night and savoring it.
I was glad the Mig was able to get back with her Dad and he treated her like a princess, that's all she really wanted.

Anyway, we loved it and hope to see the movie!

No comments: