Our first book for December will be.....
The Tale of Despereaux: Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup, and a Spool of Thread by Kate DiCamillo
This book was the winner in 2004. There is also a movie coming out about this soon too!
We hope you enjoy it! Post your comments about it as you read!
8 comments:
You rock Linds! This will be fun!
Lauren and Mylee - since you have responded I added you to be able to do admin stuff - so if you want to change it and make it cute - go ahead I really won't care at all!I would really love it actually -
Sweet blog-dizzle! I am so excited for this fun event! We are such a fun family :)
P.S. the next book is:
Bud, Not Buddy
by Christopher Paul Curtis
(I think you already knew that)
I just finished! It was such a cute story and I love little Desperaux! I love the message of forgiveness and bravery and that love will make you do crazy things!!
Yes!! I am excited. I need to get cracking.... Awesome blog, thanks for putting it together.
So, Cole finished it yesterday at school. I am still reading it outloud to the girls. Tenley and Maddy are predicting that the threadmouse is going to help save Despereaux somehow since he was asking about the princess. They also think that the rat (Roscuro) will cross paths with Despereaux. They are getting really involved. It's hard to stop reading it to them, the say just one more chapter. We should finish over the weekend and we will post our final thoughts!
I love that you get to read to the girls and how involved they get! They are smart little buggers!!!
Hey the blog looks great by the way!
Post a Comment