I finished Despereaux this past week! Yay- it was a good book! I have to admit it wasn't my favorite read, but worth the read. This wasn't my favorite of Kate DiCamillo's (Edward Tulane is still my fave of hers), but it was very interesting. My favorite character was the princess- she was such a great model of forgiving. I also got very teary-eyed when Despereaux forgave his dad- such a sweet message! Cute book, and can't wait to see the movie!
Also, I started Bud, not Buddy two days ago and am already getting into it! I love his list of "rules and things to have a f'unner life and make a better liar of yourself ". My personal fave so far is Number 3: "if you got to tell a lie, make sure it's simple and easy to remember." I think I need to make one- but leave off the "better liar" part. It will be "how to have a funner life" list. This book is great so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment