This book by Ann Nolan Clark takes place in the Andes mountains. It is about a boy and an old man who tend to a herd of llamas. He hasn't left is little valley for years. He doesn't know what a family is or friends are. He discovers there is a secret to his life and he sets out on a journey with his pet llama. His mission is to find a family. He searches and searches and finds a family that takes him in. He finds that he doesn't fit in so he leaves them. He realizes that he had his own "family" with the old man who has taken care of him. He returns to his valley in the mountains.
I enjoyed this book but I think it would be harder for kids to follow. I liked the message that we often think the grass is greener on the othr side but actually we truly love what we have. It often takes us leaving or missing them to truly appreciate what we have. This was an easy read and I enjoyed this book.
No comments:
Post a Comment