a place to write our thoughts as we read our way through the entire Newbery Award Winner's list and other random books we encounter along the way
Thursday, July 21, 2011
"The Summer of the Swans"
I truly enjoyed this book. It was an easy quick read. It is by Betsy Byars and I enjoyed her writing style. Sara has a younger brother, Charlie, who is developmentally disabled. She loves him and takes care of him but often loses her patience with him. The swans come to visit their lake and she takes Charlie. She becomes annoyed when she is ready to leave and he wants to stay. One night he wanders away to find the swans and becomes lost. Sara has to allow others that she had previously thought didn't care for Charlie to help her. I liked this book, not loved, but liked it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment